1. What do I need to bring to an Open Casting?
You should bring two (2) valid government issued identifications, completed Casting Application Package (download).
2. Can I audition if I am under the age of 18?
In order to audition, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age by November 24th, 2018.
3. Can I audition if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
You must be legally here in the United States and must be eligible to accept the prize, if awarded, with the unrestricted right to work for any U.S. employer and live in the United States. Proof of such eligibility may be required to be provided to Producer.
Satisfaction of this eligibility requirement pertains solely to the participant’s receipt of prizes (if any) that may be awarded by Producer.
4. May I audition as a duo or group?
No, only individual Artists may audition.
5. Will there be more audition cities announced?
Continue to check this website for additional casting dates and locations.
6. Can I attend more than 1 open call city?
YES. It’s not recommended, but if you feel like you had a bad audition or were nervous, you may audition again in a different city.
7. What is the address for my open call audition?
Venues will be announced soon. Keep checking back.
8. What time do I arrive to the open call audition?
Open casting is based on time of arrival. You will be notified of the hours of casting.
9. How long will my open call audition be?
There will be waiting so please plan to be at the audition all day. Performance time with the producer may vary and is based on time of arrival and sign in. Your actual audition time may vary. Start strong with your best song first. You may be asked to sing only a verse and a chorus so please be prepared.
10. Is there a list of songs that I have to sing for the audition?
NO. Prepare songs that best suit your voice and represent you as an artist. Have 1-2 in your back pocket in case the producers want to hear another song.
11. What songs should I sing at the audition?
Pick songs that best display your voice!
12. Can I bring a track, instrument, or accompaniment to my open call?
Yes you can.
13. If I am under 18 (and will be 18 as of November 24th, 2018), what do I need to bring with me in order to audition?
A parent or legal guardian must accompany you during your audition, both guardian and minor must provide a picture ID, and a copy of minor’s birth certificate to verify age and guardianship, as well as a legal document, if necessary, as proof of guardianship (Example: Marriage license if accompanied with Step Parent). If your parent or legal guardian cannot accompany you to the audition, you must be accompanied by an individual 18 years of age or older, and provide a certified copy of the court document appointing the individual as your legal guardian, as well as submit your Parent/Guardian Consent form must be signed by your parent or legal guardian, and notarized. Please remember, your parent or legal guardian must accompany you to the notary and sign the Parent/Guardian Consent in the presence of the notary. If Parent/Guardian cannot sign the form in the presence of a notary prior to open call audition, then the Parent/Guardian must sign the form in front of the Producers on the day of Applicant’s open call audition.
14. Is this audition the blind audition in front of the coaches?
NO. COACHES WILL NOT BE AT AUDITIONS!
15. Is there anything else I need to bring besides two forms of government issued IDs, Casting Application, and Applicant Agreement Package?
Please bring water and snacks appropriate for an all-day event, as well as any personal medication.
16. What if I do not have an official photo ID?
You must have an official photo ID. Examples: Drivers License, State issued ID, Passport, School ID with Birth Certificate. **School ID without Birth Certificate or vice versa is not valid.
17. I am under 18 (and will be 18 as of November 24th, 2018), do I need to have a guardian with me at my audition?
YES. See FAQ #13
18. What if a parent or legal guardian cannot accompany me at the audition?
]Please see FAQ #13.
19. If I am selected for a callback, when will they be?
If you are selected for a callback you will be provided further information at that time.
20. Can I bring friends and family to the audition with me?
Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will NOT be allowed at the audition. If you are not eighteen (18) years of age at time of audition, then a parent or legal guardian must accompany you during your audition.
21. Can I send in a video submission and attend an open call audition?
It is your choice to send in a video submission. You are not precluded from attending an open call audition if you submit a video submission, you may do both.
22. If I have provided a link to a performance online, do I need to audition?
It is highly encouraged you attend an open casting call. Your best opportunity to be selected is to attend an open casting call.
23. Can I use back tracks or play an instrument on my VIDEO SUBMISSION?
24. I have been contacted by an outside company charging a fee to audition.
DO NOT PAY THEM! These companies are in NO WAY affiliated with the casting auditions for “La Voz.” There is not an admittance fee for any of the open calls.
25. Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org