1. What do I need to bring to an Open Casting?
Two (2) forms of government issued identification, a completed Casting Application Package (download here), and two (2) instrumental tracks on a USB or cell phone.
2. Can I audition if I am under the age of 18?
In order to audition, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age by October 31, 2019.
3. Can I audition if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
You must be legally in the United States and must be eligible to accept the prize, if awarded, with the unrestricted right to work for any U.S. employer and live in the United States through May 15, 2021. Proof of such eligibility must be provided to Producer. Acceptable forms of proof include (without limitation) a valid US passport, valid US driver’s license, and valid social security card.
Satisfaction of this eligibility requirement pertains solely to the participant’s receipt of prizes (if any) that may be awarded by Producer.
4. May I audition as a duo or group?
No, only individual artists may audition.
5. Will there be more audition cities announced?
Click here for casting dates and locations.
6. Can I attend more than 1 open call city?
YES. It’s not recommended, but if you feel like you had a bad audition or were nervous, you may audition again in a different city.
7. What is the address for my open call audition?
Click here for casting dates and locations.
8. What time do I arrive to the open call audition?
Open casting is based on time of arrival. You will be notified of the hours of casting.
9. How long will my open call audition be?
There will be waiting so please plan to be at the audition all day. Performance time with the producer may vary and is based on time of arrival and sign in. Your actual audition time may vary. Start strong with your best song first. You may be asked to sing only a verse and a chorus so please be prepared.
10. Is there a list of songs that I have to sing for the audition?
Prepare songs that best suit your voice and represent you as an artist. Have 1-2 additional songs as back-up in case the producers want to hear another song.
11. What songs should I sing at the audition?
Pick songs that best display your voice!
12. Can I bring a track, instrument, or accompaniment to my open call?
Yes you can.
13. If I am under 18 (and will be 18 as of October 31, 2019), what do I need to bring with me in order to audition?
A parent, legal guardian, or an individual 18 years of age or older must accompany you during your audition and must provide a valid photo identification. Please note, you must also bring the two forms of government issued identification, a completed Casting Application Package (download here), and two (2) instrumental tracks on a USB or cell phone.
14. Is this audition the blind audition in front of the coaches?
COACHES WILL NOT BE AT AUDITIONS!
15. Is there anything else I need to bring besides my official photo IDs, Casting Application, and two (2) instrumental tracks on a USB or cell phone?
Please bring water and snacks appropriate for an all-day event, as well as any personal medication.
16. What if I do not have an official ID?
You must have an official government ID. Examples: Drivers License, State issued ID, Passport, Social Security Card.
17. I am under 18 (and will be 18 as of October 31, 2019), do I need to have an adult with me at my audition?
YES. See FAQ #13
18. What if a parent or legal guardian cannot accompany me at the audition?
Please see FAQ #13.
19. If I am selected for a callback, when will they be?
If you are selected for a callback you will be provided further information at that time.
20. Can I bring friends and family to the audition with me?
Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will NOT be allowed at the audition. If you are not eighteen (18) years of age at time of audition, then a parent or guardian must accompany you during your audition.
21. Can I send in a video submission and attend an open call audition?
We strongly encourage you to send a video submission. However, despite the submission of a video link, you MUST attend an open audition in person in any of the audition cities.
22. If I have provided a link to a performance online, do I need to audition?
You must attend an open casting call. Your only opportunity to be selected is to attend an open casting call.
23. Can I use back tracks or play an instrument on my VIDEO SUBMISSION?
24. I have been contacted by an outside company charging a fee to audition.
DO NOT PAY THEM! These companies are in NO WAY affiliated with the casting auditions for “La Voz.” There is not an admittance fee for any of the open calls.
25. I am having difficulty entering my information on the website. Who do I contact?
Please see inquiries and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org