The doors for all auditions open at 7am
Los Angeles, CA – July 27, 2019
5711 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Chicago, IL – August 3, 2019
Marriott Hotel Downtown/River North
30 E Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60611
Houston, TX – August 10, 2019
The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
5011 Westheimer at Post Oak Houston, Texas 77056
Registration instructions: It is strongly recommended that you register online before the audition date to ensure your audition.
READ the eligibility requirements carefully to make sure you qualify.
REGISTRATION. Please register on the official “La Voz” casting site. You will be asked to complete the Casting Application and submit a video link (optional).
Keep in mind that: despite submitting a video link, you MUST attend an open audition in person in any of the audition cities.
Once you register, you will directed to a confirmation page with your participant number, which you must include in your Application (see Step 4). You should print this confirmation page for your records.
Although it is not mandatory (but highly recommended), the deadline to register is the day before your audition.
VIDEO. If you wish to submit a video of yours, you can add a link to your video on the registration page.
Guidelines to create your video:
- Play one (1) song and tell us about yourself, be creative!
- The song can be a cappella, the track or with an instrument.
- Choose the song you can sing best (in English or Spanish), it’s your decision.
- There is no time limit on your video.
Please note: despite the submitting a video link, you MUST attend an open audition in person in any of the audition cities.
CASTING APPLICATION PACKET. You must print the Application (download) and take it to your completed casting.
CASTING DAY REQUIREMENTS
- Completed Application.
- Two (2) forms of identification issued by the government.
- Two (2) instrumental tracks on a USB, CD or cell phone. You can also bring an instrument.
- The style can be of any artist and of any gender (Pop, Rock, Urban, Tropical and Regional Mexican, etc.)
- Choose songs that suit your voice and that best represent the artist you are.
- Minors must:
- Bring the parent / guardian consent form signed by a parent / guardian (as defined below); and
- be accompanied by a parent / guardian or an adult 18 years of age or older.
Relatives, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will not be allowed in the audition room. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who is entitled to physical custody, care and control of the Applicant (collectively, “Parent / Guardian“).
If you need special accommodations due to a disability or other need, please contact our casting team before your audition at: email@example.com
You must dress with a style that represents you as an artist. Do NOT come in “chicken costumes”. WE ONLY look for serious artists.
Please plan to be at the audition all day. We suggest bringing sandwiches and water. Please check the weather in your audition city and plan accordingly, since some audition venues have waiting areas outside.
The coaches will NOT be at the open call auditions.
AUDITIONS TIPS FROM LA VOZ CASTING TEAM!
- Be yourself.
- Choose songs that suit your style (genre). Show us who you want to be as an artist!
- Be original! If you think a song has been exaggerated, it probably has been. Show us originality and choose something that is not so common, but still relevant.
- What we refer to as relevant – Choose familiar songs. These can be anything that fits your style and gender.
- Sometimes nerves get the best of us. Choose the songs that you know you can sing well and play under pressure!
- Dress to impress! Wear what you would wear if you had to get a “Blind Audition”.
- Remember to have fun! Show us your personality and energy!
- You are unique in your way. Do not think too much about your audition. Do not compare yourself with others.